Recently, I made the trek out to the city of Tarzana to check out Della Curva. Can I tell you that even though the awful LA traffic that too me 2 hours to get through was worth it from the very minute I stepped into this bridal palace? I mean talk about beautiful. Talk about welcoming. Talk about so many dresses available in our sizes that I couldn’t catch my breath for a minute!
|Della Curva’s beautiful and spacious showroom|
You, like me, have probably heard the buzz around this very special bridal salon. In fact, it is one of maybe 15 bridal salons in the nation to cater to us and the only one in Southern California. Although they just opened their doors this past September, founder Lisa Litt comes from a long line of bridal professionals and she holds a degree in fashion design. In fact, her straight sized salon Lili is located in the same lovely center just downstairs. Suffice is to say, she knows what she’s doing.
I was interested to hear how Della Curva came to be. I mean, it’s such slim pickings (pun intended) out there and just about zero boutiques have even one dress over a size 8 for a bride to be to try on. So, why open a who salon just for us? Lisa, a savvy and beautifully kind business woman, saw the need and felt an urge to help. She started out by introducing a few gowns into her first salon and quickly saw the positive response. Together with her wonderfully charming boyfriend, Burt Warner, she set out to make all our dreams come true. I am not exaggerating when I say this. While I was talking with Burt about the emotional aspect of the business must be, he welled with tears describing the reactions he’s seen from brides. They truly care about what they’re doing.
|Burt and Lisa I love you guys!|
Now, let’s get down to the nitty gritty, right? What might a curvy bride to be expect from Della Curva?
* It’s preferred you make an appointment ahead of time
* Bring pictures or sketches of what you have in mind, but it’s best to have an open mind
* Expect to spend about 90 minutes in this glorious haven of bridal goodness
* Sample Sizes ranging from 16-32 (these are mostly “bridal” sizes so they do run a tad small)
* Price points range from approximately $395 – $2500 so there’s something for everyone
* Spacious and well lit fitting rooms
* There are even some dresses available for immediate purchase if need be
* They can provide you with wonderful referrals for photography, uderpinninge, etc…
* Most of all, you can expect a warm welcome and a caring touch. The place is so filled with love it’s almost tangible.
And now….the dresses!
|Just one of the many racks filled with gorgeous dresses|
|I never even knew there was such a thing as a belt for a wedding dress. I would totally wear these all the time!!!|
|Same dress as above with a belt!|
|Fabulous fascinator by Lori London|
|Le Sigh….Dream dress|
|The gorgeous detailed back on my dream dress|
|It was all I could do not to rip of my clothes and put this on my body!|
I just can not say enough good about this salon and the wonderful people running it. Honestly, for a few minutes, I regretted getting married in that Las Vegas drive through chapel. I’m thinking, 10th anniversary, I’m coming here, getting a fab dress and throwing a decade late reception party!
|❤ Our Wedding Photo. Taken at the gas station across the street from the chapel. ❤|
|Make sure you go like the on Facebook and check out their Pinterest boards, too!|
It was brought to my attention that another boutique catering to plus sizes has since opened in SoCal.