Winter is almost officially over and it’s time to tend to my legs. I’ve been living in long pants and tights for many, many months now. Truth be told, that may be one of the best parts of winter. Nevertheless, springtime is creeping ever closer and I can not avoid it anymore. In my obsessive use of Pinterest I have come across many DIY silky soft leg recipes. The one I liked most I found here. So last night I decided to take a stab at it.
I don’t know about you, but I love citrus! What I do not love is shaving. Who does, really? So, for me, the lemony goodness of this recipe was a big seller. However, I rarely follow recipes (even when I cook). I used the great ideas I found as a foundation for my own creation.
Here’s what I did:
1) Put 1 cup of pure coconut oil in a glass bowl (I used a measuring cup) and heat until just starting to melt. This will make incorporating your other ingredients much easier.
2) Add 1/2 cup pure olive oil (whisk together for about 30 seconds)
3) Squeeze the juice from 2 plump lemons directly into oils (whisk again)
4) Final ingredient: drop in 2 Tbs. raw honey ( I know many people use sugar here, but I wanted the extra moisture from the honey)
5) Whisk, whisk, whisk to your heart’s content.
6) Here’s what really made a huge difference for me: let it sit at room temperature overnight. I found this made a real difference in the overall texture and effectiveness.
Here’s how I used it:
1) Run yourself a warm (not hot) bath and add about 1 cup of Epsom Salts (Feel free to add essential oils if you like, but I think the lemony goodness was enough)
2) Plunge yourself in and soak up the relaxation for about 5 minutes
3) Rub your legs heel to hip with this magical creation.
4) Shave your lovely legs (*Note shave carefully. If you nick yourself, that lemon is going to give you a good sting.)
5) Using a washcloth, bath sponge or whatever you like to gently scrub your legs.
6) Re-apply to your whole legs once again.
7) Shave again. Yes, again! The first time was for hair, this time is to remove dead skin.
8) Carefully remove yourself from the bath at your leisure (your tub is likely to be very slippery!)
9) Admire your glowing, silky legs!
10) Once you’re done admiring your gams, give your tub a quick wash. It’ll be slippery!